There’s this award going around WordPress called “Sunshine Blogger Award.” I did a quick search on Google and didn’t really find information on who, where, why, or how this got started (either that or I just didn’t search hard enough! If you know something, please enlighten me). Images turned up various designs and interpretations of the award, probably just independently designed by the nominated bloggers who posted about it. Anyhoo, the Sunshine Blogger Award sounds like a good thing. Bloggers nominate other bloggers famous or not—gives them a sense of recognition, somewhat boosts their blog’s morale.
So thanks to my newfound virtual friend, Francesca of A Female Flâneur, for thinking of me for this award. I don’t usually do this kind of things, but I didn’t want to turn you down (your questions are actually quite interesting!) and I’m feeling kind of bored and upset (I just got my iPod touch, which was basically like my virtual diary, stolen ☹), so this is a good way to divert my mind.
1. What’s your dream holiday destination and why?
Well, it should be the whole planet Earth. You know, there are a lot of great things about this world that it’s just hard to choose only one dream destination. But right now, Korea first comes to mind—it’s a dream destination that’s soon going to turn into a reality. 😉
2. What book would you recommend for summer reading?
Moby Dick. It’s what I’m currently reading! The movie In the Heart of the Sea kind of prompted me to read this classic. It’s a good read when you’re stuck at home and wishing for some sea adventure.
3. What outfit or accessory makes you feel fabulous?
Just high waist jeans and sneakers. However, currently, I’m starting to get obsessed with wire rings. They look pretty and funky!
4. On a typical Sunday morning, what would you be doing?
Slouching in bed, watching Netflix. Or spending time at a coffee shop. ❤
5. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Spaghetti!!! And in red meaty sauce only.
6. Do you have any role models? If so, who are they?
Oh gosh, it’s hard to think of anyone specific. I get bits of inspiration from different kinds of people—Barrack Obama and his diplomacy, charm, and great public speaking, Stephen King and his big-screen-worthy novels, Amelia Earhart and her acting upon her dream of seeing the world, the late Senator Miriam Defensor Santiago of the Philippines and her brilliance and bravery.
These are just the people I can think of right now, but I’m sure there are a lot more people who have inspired me to pursue what I am pursuing now.
7. What is something on your bucket list?
To do something height-defying. I have an awful fear of heights, and I want to do something that would challenge that. I don’t want this fear to limit me. People seem to have a lot of fun doing skydiving or bungee jumping, and if I had the chance to do these things, I would want to (although just the thought of it makes my legs tingle right now!)
8. Tea or coffee?
Definitely coffee. I love bubble tea too, though!
9. What is the best compliment you’ve ever received?
That I am intimidating. It doesn’t really sound like a compliment, does it? I don’t always get that kind of comment about me because I feel that I am always the one feeling intimidated by other people. So to hear that someone thinks I have a strong personality which they find intimidating was rather interesting.
10. If there was one change you would like to see in the world, what would it be?
The first that came to mind is plastics. We have a huge problem now on plastic waste that many people, quite surprisingly, are not aware of. But then, I also thought of animal cruelty, climate change, racism, and ridiculous national leaders.
If there was one change I would like to see in the world, it is a change in people’s minds—that people would start being rational and actually care about the world.
11. Do you have a favourite fairy-tale? If so, what is it?
I like Puss in Boots and Beauty and the Beast just because I enjoyed the films!
I was honestly not sure who to nominate at first as it’s been a while since I last read entries from the blogs I follow. These people might be surprised to hear from me but here are my nominees! These are people I just randomly connected with in the past because I found something interesting in their blogs. We don’t know each other personally, but I do find their blogs worthy of a read.
Here are my 11 questions:
1. Books or e-books?
2. Do you ever experience writer’s block? If so, how do you overcome it?
3. What place/town in your country would you recommend to travel?
4. Do you go to coffee shops? If so, which one is your favorite?
5. What’s your typical breakfast?
6. What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever done for love?
7. Do you believe in destiny?
8. What is your favorite planet besides Earth and why?
9. Words or pictures?
10. If you had superpowers, what would it be?
11. What was your last dream about?
Here are the rules:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
3. Nominate your favorite bloggers to receive the award, and write 11 questions for them.
4. List the rules and display the award logo on your post and blog.
I look forward to reading your answers to my questions! ❤